Judging in Our Region
Each team must supply 2 Judges: 1 for Long Term and 1 for Spontaneous.
The annual Judges’ Training certifies the judges by giving them the training they will need to make our tournament a success! It takes at least 300 volunteers, including you to give our students the best possible experience.
As a judge, you are making a commitment to your team. You must register through the online portal found here.
It is important to note the following. A copy of this list will be emailed to you upon completion of your registration.
- Each judge MUST attend judges’ training on January 27, 2018, 9:00-2:30 at Edgewood Elementary School – 899 Oxford Valley Road, Yardley. Registration and light breakfast will begin at 8:30.
- Judges must know the name of the team they are representing
- Long-term judges must read the problem they will be judging prior to the training. (Judges will judge the same problem the team they are representing is solving. Unsure? Ask the coach!)
- Judges must know if they are a long-term OR spontaneous judge. Each team must have one of EACH.
- Judges must attend the regional tournament on March 3, 2018 and, if necessary, the state tournament on April 7, 2018.
- Any team which does not provide a long-term judge trained in their problem AND a spontaneous judge WILL receive a penalty of up to 25 points PER MISSING JUDGE. Please do not cause the team a penalty – attend training, participate fully, and volunteer at the tournament. The teams thank you!
Judges’ Training: January 27
As noted above, Judge’s Training will be held on Saturday, January 27, 2018, 9:00-2:30 at Edgewood Elementary School – 899 Oxford Valley Road, Yardley. Registration and light breakfast will begin at 8:30. **Judges who complete training and attend competition are eligible for Act 48 credits**