Judging in Our Region
Each team must supply 2 Judges: 1 for Long Term and 1 for Spontaneous.
The annual Judges’ Training certifies the judges by giving them the training they will need to make our tournament a success! It takes at least 300 volunteers, including you to give our students the best possible experience.
As a judge you are making a commitment to your team. You must register through the online portal found here.
It is important to note the following. A copy of this list will be emailed to you upon completion of your registration.
- Each judge MUST attend judges’ training. Please stay tuned for more information.
- Judges must know the name of the team they are representing
- Long-term judges must read the problem they will be judging prior to the training. (Judges will judge the same problem the team they are representing is solving. Unsure? Ask the coach!)
- Judges must know if they are a long-term OR spontaneous judge. Each team must have one of EACH.
- Judges must attend the regional tournament on March 2, 2019 and, if necessary, the state tournament on April 6, 2019.
- Any team which does not provide a long-term judge trained in their problem AND a spontaneous judge WILL receive a penalty of up to 25 points PER MISSING JUDGE. Please do not cause the team a penalty – attend training, participate fully, and volunteer at the tournament. The teams thank you!
Judges’ Training: Saturday, January 26th
Training will be held on Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 9:00am at
899 Oxford Valley Road
Yardley, PA 19067.
Registration will begin at 8:30am. Since the basketball season is using the same venue at the same time, we anticipate some challenges in terms of parking so we recommend carpooling.
Remember this is a mandatory event. All teams must have 1 Trained Spontaneous Judge and 1 Trained Long Term Judge.
**Judges who complete training and attend competition are eligible for Act 48 credits**